Monday, November 5, 2012

American Girl Doll Party

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

Our birthday girl loves her American Girl doll, Julie, but she really wanted to have an owl themed party.  What to do but throw a doll party with owl accents, of course.  We lucked into finding quite a bit of the American Girl party accessories on mark down at Michaels and Meijer.  These accessories included mini versions of big versions, even mini invitations for the dolls along with the regular invitations.  We added as many mini-sized party goods as we could and used the colors pink and green throughout.

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

The amazing cake was made by local baker Louisvillicious.  Her fondant replica of The American Girl Julie and owl were adorable.

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

Owl sugar cookies and star sugar cookies also made by Louisvillicious

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

We also had mini cupcakes (Julie had her own special cupcake), mini cookies and mini marshmallows.  The cupcake toppers came from the American Girl party accessories.

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

Appetizer plates and utensils are very popular at party supply stores right now.  These made the perfect doll-sized accessories.

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

We made a small pennant and a large pennant from the American Girl scrapbook paper pack.

American Girl Doll Birthday Party

American girl goodie bags filled with treats from an owl piñata.

American Girl Doll Birthday PartyAmerican Girl Doll Birthday PartyAmerican Girl Doll Birthday Party

We set a table for the girls, and another table for their dolls using mini versions of the table settings.  We used the American Girl scrap pack to make large and small pinwheels.

  The birthday girl was happy to have her favorite doll included in her special day and I think this turned out to be a very sweet party.  As always, feel free to ask if you have any questions!

~julee~

12 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea, im gonna steal this idea for my babys 10th birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see things like this, it almost makes me wish i had a girl (almost). Such an adorable way to incorporate the dolls and the owl theme! I love how you had a table for the girls' dolls! The owl cookies are so cute, too cute to eat! Looks like she had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is just adorable!

    Bisous
    Suzanne
    http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I can tell I'm going to like you ladies. Are y'all party planners.

    New follower from the Blog Hop!

    ~Danette
    All My Love for All My Days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what a cute party! She is one lucky girl! That cake is adorable! I'm glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours. I'm excited to be a new follower!

    kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW CUTE! First of all...I found you via the GFC blog hop and I'm excited to follow along. Secondly, when I saw the blog title I got really excited! I'm from Elizabethtown, and I rarely find Kentucky bloggers and when I do they are never close to me! Yay! Anywho, check out my blog if you get the chance. You'll probably see a lot of Louisville stuff in it, too. We tend to migrate north pretty often ;)

    xoxo,

    Sarah @ Our Family of Three
    woodsfamilyofthree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owls are spectacular! I love it. Have you tried making the toilet paper roll owls using muffin cups for wings and such? I need to find that magazine that gave me the idea, but they're awesome and adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great party!! looks like too much fun
    totally following

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    -check it out!-

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did even better than the American Girl bistro! I have an 8 year-old Ava who is also crazy about owls and American Girl, and she would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww I love it... and I LOVEEEE Owls, it is too cute!. Everything looks just great. The funny thing is that I have a Sweater just like the orange but mine is red... LOL I love it too!!!! Amazing Party decoration Julee! It would be so cool if you could join my Link Party on Sundays and the Pin Hop on Thursdays.

    Hope you are having a wonderful day

    Hugs
    Cami @ TitiCrafty by Camila

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you do for the table for the dolls? How tall is it? Are the dolls sitting in chairs? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! Your profile didn't have an email, so I couldn't respond to you directly. The table we used had legs that extended. We set up the table with the legs on the shortest setting. Most of the dolls are standing and leaning on the table, and the doll at the head of the table is sitting in a doll chair.

      I think you could create the same look with a piece of plywood or similar and create legs out of book stacks that would be the right height. Cover the table with a sheet and it'll be perfect for your party.

      Have fun!

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!