Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hop-a-long Day Two

We are having so much fun celebrating each day with a little bunny surprise.  The kids ask each night for a clue for their next surprise.  For day two I got up extra early to create some special bunny pancakes for breakfast.  I made the batter the night before to save a little time.

This is the basic pancake recipe I use from the old Better Homes Cookbook


  • 1  cup  all-purpose flour
  • 1  tablespoon  sugar
  • 2  teaspoons  baking powder
  • 1/4  teaspoon  salt
  • 1    beaten egg
  • 1  cup  milk
  • 2  tablespoons  cooking oil


I divided my batter into two equal portions and colored one pink and one blue using food coloring.

To make it easier to draw the bunny shapes, I put my batter into squeeze bottles, these are available wherever cake supplies are sold and even Walmart has them.

I outlined my bunny shape and then working quickly filled it in.  Be generous with the batter, you don't want a skimpy pancake that is hard to flip.

When they were done I filled another squeeze bottle with melted chocolate and drew on little faces.  It would probably be easier to use a decorating bag for this, the hole in the bottle was a little big and my faces were a little messy.