Monday, September 26, 2011

Healthy Autumn Muffins


I've been on a real "Autumn" kick lately.  It's by far my favorite season and we try and squeeze every last enjoyable moment out of it around here.  I also love pumpkin.  If you put the word "pumpkin' in front of just about anything I'm in.  Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin candles, the color pumpkin, yes please!  So yesterday I set off on the task to make a healthy muffin that would be Weight Watchers friendly and of course star my BFF, pumpkin.  This recipe is so easy and it's pretty good for you.  You could use an all natural cake mix if you have one to make it a little healthier.  These muffins are even vegan friendly!

Healthy Autumn Muffins

1 box carrot cake mix
2 c. pumpkin
2 c. crushed pineapple
2 medium carrots grated
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger

Mix up all of your ingredients and fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.  Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.  These have 2 weight watchers pts each.  Makes 2 dozen.  If you want to make a smaller batch use 2 c. cake mix, 1 c. pumpkin, 1 c. pineapple, 1 carrot and half the spices.