Thursday, December 23, 2010

Soda Pop Sampler, Christmas D.I.Y. Day Fourteen


So if you are paying attention you will notice there was no day twelve.  Somehow I thought I posted this but it didn't happen, Christmas brain I guess.  This is a great last minute gift that you can put together with not a lot of cash and just a little effort.  Here's how I did it.  I went to World Market and bought two of their retro soda sampler packs which have 12 sodas for 9.99, they had two different kinds of samplers so I got both to have a better selection and I was doing two of these.  You only need twelve to do one and World Market also sells the soda individually.  I also bought two packs of wood shavings, they were 1.99 each.  Then I went across the parking lot to Joann's and bought two wooden CD crates, they were 6.99 each but if you have a 40% or 50% off coupon it makes them a lot cheaper.  I then came home put twelve sodas in a crate with some wood shavings to cushion them.  Last but not least I tied a sweet little gift tag from Itwasmadewithluv , done.  You could also do this with beer, which I did or even an all root beer sampler.  This makes a great gift for teenagers, dads or grandpas and there is still time to throw it together if you need a last minute gift.


This is our last post till after Christmas, so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all you DIY'ers.

-Kim