Hot summer days make me want to convert my whole house into a beach cottage. I’m always trying to find ways to display the vacation treasures we bring home each year, and turning seashells into candles is a simple way to use some of many shells we collect.
DIY Seashell Candle Tutorial
1) Start with deep shells that have been soaked in a bleach and water solution and a tealight candle. (You can also purchase wicks and candle wax at the craft store.)
2) Take apart the tealight candle and remove the wick and metal plate.
3) Place the wax back into the metal tin without the wick. Use a candle burner or double broiler to melt the wax.
4) Once the wax is melted, use tongs to pick up the metal tin. (I placed rubber bands around my tongs to keep them from slipping.)
5) Pour the melted wax into the shell.
6) Place the wick and metal plate into the melted wax.
7) Let the wax harden thoroughly.
Enjoy your beautiful shell candle!
Happy summer crafting, DIY’ers!