Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What We Wore with Mia Bella Photography

I am so excited to share the second What We Wore outfit in our series with Mia Bella Photography.   You can check out the fun photo shoot from last week HERE

I highly encourage you to check out more beautiful images on Mia Bella Photography’s website and Facebook page.  See the bottom of this post for a special offer for D.I.Y. Louisville readers.
  Mia Bella Photography

Last week I wore an outfit that was right on par with the way I dress most days of the week for school, work, or coffee with friends.  For this week, however, I took advantage of my photography day with Jilli to wear something a little less casual.  I’ve been in love with similar pleated, feminine skirts for so long, so when I found this one on the Target clearance rack recently, I snagged it for $11.
I paired it with a vintage silver clutch that once belonged to my mom (thanks mom!), and a handmade silver chain necklace and rose quartz bracelet by Robin Chard.

Mia Bella PhotographyMia Bella PhotographyMia Bella PhotographyJulee Outfit B 6
Mia Bella Photography

Shirt:  Old Navy
Skirt & Wedges:  Target
Denim Jacket:  DKNY (old)
Earrings:  Handmade by Kim
Silver Necklace & Rose Quartz Bracelet:  Handmade by Robin Chard
Silver Clutch:  Vintage, gift
 
Kim and I post our outfits here to show off our thrifty and handmade wears. Plus, we like cute clothes. We link up each week with The Pleated Poppy and Whatever Whenever Wednesday and Not Dead Yet Style and Casual Friday with a bunch of other bloggers in blogland doing the same crazy stuff we are. If you're dropping in today, please say HI! in the comments - we'd love to come check out your blog! 

I’m trying to figure out how else I can wear this skirt into the fall and winter.  Black tights?  A blazer?  (Ok, so I don't even own a blazer.)  Any suggestions?
 
~julee~  
 
Would you like to book your own session with Mia Bella Photography?  Mia Bella Photography specializes in senior, family, and newborn portraits.  If you’re a Louisville local, Mia Bella Photography is including a free 10x13 image when you book a photo session and mention DIY.  Visit Mia Bella Photography for all the information you need to book a photo session today.  This is a limited time offer, so hurry!












18 comments:

  1. I almost bought that skirt! Now I feel like I need to.....it looks awesome!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that skirt! I found in (on clearance) too but of course they were out of my size! Anyway, it looks great on you =) Stopping by from WIWW...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what gorgeous pictures! you look beautiful!! definitely a blazer and tights for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pleated dress is fabulous! i bought one last spring and love it so much-it has such a great feminine touch. i found you girls and am through "rolled up pretty" and am your newest follower. come by and visit me sometime www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com
    have a super rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt! I was looking at it at Target and loved the color and pleats!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. luv, luv, luv your pleated skirt! you look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tights and a chunky knit sweater! I actually have an image in my head of that with a creamy fisherman's sweater and knit tights....the contrast would be really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So in love with that skirt! Such a pretty color and cut. And I agree with Rebecca on how to style this winter. Maybe an oversized sweater with a belt. Popping over from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually have a blush colored skirt just like that and I pair it with black tights and either black boots or black pumps and top it off with a cream or black top! It really highlights the skirts and almost gives it a ballerina-esque look with the skirt being the focal point!

    Britt
    Secondhand Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. great skirt! tried to find it myself for $11, but no luck! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. julee the complete outfit is great! i love how you paired that dusty pink skirt with black. it is elegant and nevertheless it looks comfortable. wonderful pics of a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit! I adore pleated skirts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt is so dreamy! Thanks for sharing your lovely look with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the look of the jean jacket over that outfit. Great DKNY jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower here! Love the look and I think the skirt is fab on you. I own it in black and I know they have it in several colors and at least one print. Way to go! I think it's such a stylish find.
    Cheers, Heather
    http://www.stylemindchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The skirt looks so classy, but I also love the look with the denim jacket. I think it would also look cute with a soft little cardigan in an unexpected color - orange? Teal?

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt looks great dressed up or down and you can wear it year-round. Versatility is always a winner in my book!

    That photographer did a beautiful job. I love the color of your outfit against the bricks. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!