Saturday, September 17, 2011

What We Wore: Three Ways To Wear Your Summer Dress Into Fall

As temperatures start to drop I find myself looking forward to new wardrobe options.  One thing I don't look forward to is spending a lot on a whole new wardrobe.  A great way to save money is by picking up some of the less "summery" summer dresses that everyone is marking down right now.  I picked up this black dress at Marshall's this week for five dollars and decided to show you three different ways to make it work for fall.

Look one:  I would wear this out to coffee with the girls or shopping.
Dress: Marshall's
Leggings: Target
Boots: Steve Madden
Sweater: Marshall's
Sunglasses: Betsey Johnson
Necklace: Claire's
Cuff; Handmade by my dad



 

Look two:  I would wear this menswear inspired look out thrifting or to see some bands play.
Dress: Marshall's
Sweater: Target
Tights: Target
Oxford's: Target
Hat: vintage, thrifted
Bracelet: gift from parents, flea market
Necklace: vintage, belonged to my Great Aunt


kim3

Look Three: I would wear this on a dinner date with my husband or to a D.I.Y. Meet Up.
Dress: Marshall's
Skinny Jeans: Avenue
Black Shirt: Marshall's
Hair Scarf: thrifted
Clogs: Born via Marshall's
Gold Purse: thrifted
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelets: Charm- Avenue, Cuff- vintage, from Mom
Ring- vintage from mom

Thanks for looking.  I hope you are inspired for fall and I hope you like our new weekly fashion post!
-Kim

4 comments:

  1. visiting from Pleated Poppy. I love how you showed us how to wear that dress three completely different ways!!! Not sure which one is my favorite...just plain cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just in Louisville today! Would love to meet up with you ladies one Tuesday...sounds like a blast! My two favorite things (besides chocolate)...coffee & crafting.

    cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute outfits, love the menswear inspired look.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!