Monday, January 21, 2013

Make It: Avocado Quesadilla

Avocado Quesadilla

This is my grown-up version of the cheese quesadilla.  Doesn’t avocado just make everything better?  Simple to make and perfect for a quick lunch. 

Avocado Quesadilla
Ingredients: 
Tortillas (white, corn, whole wheat, low carb – pick your favorite kind)
Avocado (peeled and diced into cubes)
Asiago Cheese (shredded)
Jalapenos (I’m a wimp, so I purchase the no-heat jarred variety)

Avocado Quesadilla

I’m sure you don’t need too much instruction on how to make these, but take one tortilla and sprinkle cheese on 1/2, top with a few cubes of avocado and a few jalapenos, then fold the other end over.  Heat in a pan on medium heat for a minute until cheese starts to melt then flip over and squash down with a spatula for another minute or two until everything is nice and hot throughout.  I like my avocado really smashed, but that’s just me.

*Tip:  Asiago is a strong cheese, so it really only takes a little to get a good flavor.

Avocado QuesadillaAvocado Quesadilla

Enjoy!

~julee~

 
Sharing with YOLO Mondays on Lipgloss & Crayons and Townsend House.

11 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I dont know if i could restrain myself from eating the avocado long enough to cook it in the quesedilla. My sons favorite quesedilla is spinach and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo delish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I may just make these for lunch because they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, avocados make everything taste good! I'm drooling right now because I have to fast today for a "procedure" tomorrow. But tomorrow night's dinner might just have to include avocado quesadillas - these look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We go through an awful lot of avocados here! This looks delicious! Would love to have you link up with what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/01/what-i-am-eating-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love avacados and will try this..Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Might have to make this tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to need to happen in my kitchen soon. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delish! Thanks for sharing on the Fitness Friday link up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!