Thursday, July 26, 2012

Friday, Loving the Simple Things

instagram instagraminstagram instagram

It’s Friday, the day we share the simple moments that make up our week.

~The most humongous mushroom grew in our yard.  I have a love/hate relationship with mushrooms.  I am completely fixated with the mushrooms I see growing in the wild, but I have complete mychophobia when it comes to fungus as food.  It’s best not to try and figure out how my brain works.

~I completely blame Jo of Woman in Real Life for the fact that I went out of my way to Trader Joes for a scrumptious takeout lunch this week.

~My favorite thing this week:  Lush splurge.  Body products that smell so good you’ll have to refrain from eating them.

~I wake up every morning with this scrappy, smelly dog under my nose.  She relentlessly scratches like crazy until she’s under the covers with me and then has the audacity to hog my pillow.  I’d complain, but I secretly kind of love it.

Have a great weekend!

~julee~

Linking up with Insta-Friday, My Favorite Things, Hi Five for Friday, Finding Joy.

10 comments:

  1. We used to work opposite shifts...and one day I happened to come home from work unexpectantly to find my husband in bed with Sadie, my 65 pound shiny blue black lab chow mix. Guess where her head was, yep, on my pillow. She was my snuggle place holder and my pillow mate unbeknownst to me for ages. I always wondered why my pillow sometimes smelled funny. It drove me mad. Mystery solved:) I guess if you have to come home and find your husband snuggled up to someone, that was a pretty good scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I've caught my husband in bed with our dog a couple of times, too. Our pup will pretty much snuggle up with anyone. :)

      Delete
  2. It's funny, because I spotted your lunch photo first and thought how delicious it looks! Glad your lunch was tasty, since I influenced you to go! ;) I am no longer close to TJ's and I am sad about that.

    That is a crazy mushroom! And, my dog stinks too, but somehow you get used to their scent, don't you? Mine doesn't like to cuddle much, which is a bit odd. She would rather lie at the bottom of the bed. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Trader Joes just opened here this year. Before then, I had to wait until we traveled to shop there, so I can relate to your sadness. :)

      Delete
  3. that lunch looks so good!! have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJ's is the best!! School's starting soon for me (I'm a teacher), so TJ's is one of my favorite places to go. =) Oh, and LUSH...definitely my guiltly pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of the Trader Joes - I wish we had one so badly. That salad looks amazing! And I completely know what you mean about your pup :) P.S. I just became a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm that chickpea salad looks amzing, loving your blog - now following
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chickpea salad looks so yummy! I wish we had a TJ's nearby. Had one in the town I grew up in. Definitely miss it. Love the dog story. They are so funny and sweet, aren't they? Thanks for linking up Julee!
    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!