Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Ireland Box

Ten years ago this month (yowzers!) my husband and I took a pre-wedding honeymoon to Ireland.  Dreamy, gorgeous, weathered Ireland.  And it is with complete sincerity that I tell you that I have spent nearly every day since our return yearning to go back.  So, when I was offered the chance to have an authentic piece of handmade Ireland sent straight to my mailbox this month, I practically squealed with excitement.

My Ireland Box Craft Box Review

I brought home from Ireland many handmade items that I still use and wear nearly everyday; In fact, I’m wearing a pair of wool socks and silver Claddagh ring  from Ireland right now.  When I opened My Ireland Box this week, I had a rush of nostalgia looking at these handmade pieces.  Beautiful and quality, every one of them is something that I would have purchased on my own. 

My Ireland Box Craft Box Review

Wood Wine Stopper, Matt Jones, Woodturner.

Feed Your Skin Chai Latte Natural Lip Balm, Bia Beauty.  (This stuff is amazing!)

Laser Cut Owl Card, Alljoy Design.

Woolen Sheep Fridge Magnet, Liz Christy, Handweaver.

My Ireland Box Craft Box Review

My Ireland Box is a monthly subscription service where you’ll recieve a selection of handmade items from Irish artists each month.  You can choose to receive a box on a monthly basis, or you can prepay for a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription.  Plus, you can send the boxes as a gift!  How perfect would it be to send a surprise handmade box to someone you love each month?  If you happen to live in the UK or Europe, then My Ireland Food Box might be a great choice for you, too.  (I’m bummed that US residents can’t get the food box.) 

The craft items in the box each month are carefully selected by husband and wife team Katharine Keane Barrett and Thomas Barrett.  They are dedicated to curating the best that Irish artisans have to offer to bring you quality handmade products and a superb Irish experience each month.

You can find full details on cost and subscription services on the My Ireland Box website.  If you’d like to keep up to date with My Ireland box, follow on Facebook and Twitter.

Wouldn’t you love to receive a box of beautiful handmade items each month?

~julee~

 

A sample product was gifted from My Ireland Box. Opinions expressed here are my own.

9 comments:

  1. how fun! I can imagine that is a place you'd want to return to!! the box sounds so cool...going to check out your link:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These subscription boxes must be such fun - like Christmas all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuff is awesome! Love that magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a lovely idea! The Chai Latte lipbalm sounds GORGEOUS! I would love to try that.

    New follower :)

    Lyndsay
    http://fizzypeaches.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise and a wonderful reminder to your journey.
    I love the card with the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stumbled on your blog via the blog hop at:
    http://www.thethingswefindinside.com


    this is a GREAT post! i def think this is a great idea!
    thanks for sharing :-)

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hy, your blog is very interesting, I love it. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all - we are delighted here at MyIrelandBox that you enjoyed the products in the March MyIrelandBox Craft. We are busy curating items for the April box - we have such choice here in Ireland with our amazingly talented craftspeople! If you would like to subscribe for the April Box then visit www.myirelandbox.com and click the subscribe link. If you subscribe by 25 March your first box will be shipped in the first week of April and you will receive a surprise from Ireland! You can of course cancel your monthly subscription at any time. The 3,6 and 12 month prepaid options are also available and savings can be found if you opt for the latter two. Please email us with any queries at info@myirelandbox.com. Thank you DIYLOUISVILLE for your wonderful comments about MyIrelandBox. Grá mór (lots of love) from Ireland! Katharine, MyIrelandBox

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!