Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wear It: Hand-Knit Cowl

What I Wore Wednesday

This is not so much an outfit post as it is a Hey!  Look at the new hand-knit cowl I got for Christmas! post.  Purchased by my friend Kim at a local art & craft show, but there was no tag or card so I can’t give credit to the artist.  Sad.  It adds the perfect amount of warmth without too much bulk which is really nice.  Sometimes you just don’t want that suffocated feeling, you know?  I’m always jealous of those that can knit or crochet.  I’d love to have one of these bad boys in about 20 different colors.

My coat is old from Target and my earrings were also handmade, by Kiki(verde).  Love.

I hope you guys are keeping warm this week.  It’s currently spitting sleet and snow outside and my daughter is doing the Snow Day Dance as I type this.  Perhaps I should join her; I wouldn’t mind a snow day myself.

~julee~

 

I post my outfits here to show off my thrifty and handmade wears. Plus, I like cute clothes. I link up each week with What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy, Whatever Whenever Wednesday, Not Dead Yet Style, Real Girl Style and Casual Friday. If you're dropping in today, please say HI! in the comments – I would love to come check out your blog!

15 comments:

  1. You look super cozy in your cowl! Its really cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cowl! And that coat is super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO into cowls this year...and I'm crocheting them! You can do so much with them. I've made two mobius/infity cowls a little longer than the pattern called for so I can double it and still wouldn't get that suffocating feeling. Thick and bulky, but not like I'm being strangled. They are wicked easy; I don't get bored with a big, looooong project. Although I've started to crochet a poncho. It'll be done by spring! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice cowl, and I love the color of your coat! I made an infinity scarf from some scrap material, and I find that I miss being able to tighten it around my neck. For some reason, my neck always gets cold. I suppose I should wear it with a turtleneck.

    It's cold here, too, below freezing every night. Soon we'll be back to our usual moderate rainy weather, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf - super stylish but also super warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hand knitted scarf with the nice little flower is amazing. I love the grey paired with the purple of you jacket.
    Have fun with the snow dance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cowl looks super easy - you could do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cowl is great, and so is that coat! :) Here's hoping you get your snow day and can just stay bundled up inside.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shade of your jacket, and the handmade cowl is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coat is pretty and I love the scarf. I have been learning to knit and I thought I would make a bunch of stuff, but I move painfully slowly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a wonderful scarf, indeed. You look chic and warm! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks warm and cozy! Love the color of your jacket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really astonishing how a putting together two casual pieces can make a single very polished look. Smart girl ... and pretty, too.
    Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!