Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Make and Wear: Je t’aime

freezer paper stencil heart Je t'aime shirt

The temps right now are somewhere between 20-degrees and freezing-to-death, so this blurry indoor shot of my shirt will have to suffice for the moment. 

After making a simple freezer paper stencil heart shirt for my daughter this week, I thought I needed a more grown up version to wear myself.  I have been loving all of the large heart shirts that seem to be in fashion right now, but thought a smaller heart with a nod to my upcoming spring trip to Paris would be a better fit for me.

I made the design in Word and used freezer paper to make the stencil, but I cheated and ran this image through my Silhouette cutter instead of cutting by hand.  Dear Silhouette, Je t’aime.

Have you ever made freezer paper stencils?  You can watch my video demonstrating the method on WDRB in the Morning HERE.  Such a fun project!

~julee~

 

I post my outfits here to show off my thrifty and handmade wears. Plus, I like cute clothes. I link up each week with What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy, Whatever Whenever Wednesday, Not Dead Yet Style, Real Girl Style and Casual Friday. If you're dropping in today, please say HI! in the comments – I would love to come check out your blog!

14 comments:

  1. Never done this before but it looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just finished watching your video! Well that was easy... now I know freezer paper also works as stencil. Love the Je t'aime on it too. For some reason French words sound so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it turned out so cute!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I know I should have gotten a dang sihlouette cutter. The glitter paint also looks lovely. You did a great job on TV too.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julee!
    As you asked, I'm saying "hello" to you! I like how it turns out your t-shirt.
    I'm Carmen (from Italy) and I love to sew and DIY.

    My blog is: http://marnero.blogspot.it

    Hear you soon,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I've seen a ton of Valentines centered shirts floating around, I want to try making one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, just typed a comment and then went to get a link for you, and lost my comment.

    Here's what I said - I love your shirt, especially with the words. The font is perfect!

    Jo at Joyatri did a post on freezer paper stencils - http://www.joyatri.com/joyatri-home-page/2013/1/16/its-the-thought-that-counts.html

    I haven't tried it, but I'm going to look at your video now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh very cute- i loved the one you made for your daughter too, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is adorable. I've never really diy-ed a shirt...but I may just have to. and you're going to paris? SO JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! Thanks for sharing your great look with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt is so cute! I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Julee, I love your cute t-shirt and how you layered it with this beautiful dress. I think I should buy me some fabric colors, I like the idea to make my own tee. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've made stencils but not from freezer paper. I just bought a brass stencil to try to stencil some stars on jeans.

    I love your tee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All ready for Valentine's day ... hope the weather warms up for you! Looking dreamy in your own design!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!