Thursday, December 27, 2012

Party: Monkeys On Ice

monkey on ice, ice skating party

I can never resist an opportunity to help a friend plan a sweet birthday party.  This party originally began with a tropical monkey theme, but when the birthday girl wanted to take her friends ice skating, it was only fitting that our swimming monkey turned ice skater instead.  December birthdays typically get lumped into a Christmas theme, but we tried hard to give this party more of a winter wonderland vibe.  You know, a winter wonderland where monkeys are zooming by performing triple axels and other marvelous feats on ice skates. 

monkey on ice, ice skating party

We didn’t see the cake before the day of the party, but Lady A Cakes was very enthusiastic about creating an ice skating monkey.  We trusted her, and she absolutely did not disappoint! 

monkey on ice, ice skating party

monkey on ice, ice skating party

monkey on ice, ice skating party

The cupcakes were also made by Lady A Cakes.  The pink and blue snowflakes, hats, and mittens were the perfect adornments to tie the ice skating party theme together. 

monkey on ice, ice skating party

We found the perfect ice skating monkey clipart from JW Illustrations on etsy and used the downloadable images throughout the party room.  Here, we’ve used the images on popcorn bags so the girls could have a snack as they took breaks from skating.

monkey on ice, ice skating party

We also had a hot cocoa station, and I created the sign using the ice skating monkey clipart.

monkey on ice, ice skating party

The  ice skating monkey images and snowflake ornaments were used to create this pennant with the birthday girl’s name.

monkey on ice, ice skating party

DIY fleece scarves and gloves were given to each girl to keep warm while ice skating and also for take-home gifts.

I loved this sweet party theme so much!

Happy partying, DIY’ers!

~julee~

 

A special note for my local Louisville readers: This party was held at Alpine Ice Arena, and we can’t say enough good things about the hospitality that we were shown during our time there. Plus, they said we had the best looking party they’ve ever seen, so brownie points and all that.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my! Just gorgeous! That cake is divine! Such a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable. Great job. I am a new follower via GFC. I would love for you to visit and follow back.
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Thanks for following my blog, I'm back to return the favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you tied everything together with pink, blue, and white - snowflakes, monkeys, cupcakes. Wish we'd had parties like that when I was a girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! I'm definitely living out some of my little girl dreams when I put parties together. :)

      Delete
  5. This is adorable. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/5-fun-posts-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Mountain Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! That looks like it was a fabulous party, and that cake is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely party! The decor is amazing. And the cake! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment on my my blog! I am following back. Love your blog! Such cute stuff to make. I love blogs where I can find DIYs. Thanks for following!

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute theme ! there are cute monkey everywhere.. I love the cake <3

    new follower from the blog hop :)
    nice to know your blog ^^
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I found you through the I love my Blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a minute.. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cakes and decorations. So pretty!

    Following you from the i love my post blog hop. You have a great blog, cant wait to read more.

    I have a giveaway on my blog and im inviting you to join http://www.akachymecindy.com/2012/12/december-sponsors-group-giveaway.html.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! thats quite some cake there, almost criminal to eat it. :)
    found on the i love my post hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julee! I found you through the I love my Blog.
    The cake is beautiful! And decoration is lovely!
    You can visit my blog at http://cake-cookie-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable idea - and SO pretty. I bet you could do this in the summer as Monkeys in the Pool!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!