Sunday, September 2, 2012

Julep Box Review- September

IMG_4732

This month’s Julep box was a little different as it was a collaboration with designer Trina Turk.  In my box instead of the usual three nail polishes or two nail polishes and a remover, I received two polishes and a mascara.  Also this month I changed my box from my normal “It Girl” style to “Boho Glam”.  I just wasn’t feeling the colors in my normal box and the ones in the “Boho Glam” were just so good.  The colors I received were “Gunta” which is described as an “elevated blue crème” on the website and “Popova” which is a “youthful kelly green”  The mascara is espresso brown.  I was a little worried about the mascara because I have sensitive eyes and usually use brands for sensitive eyes, like Neutrogena.  Well, it turns out that this is better than the stuff I normally wear. I forgot I even had it on!  The polishes are great transitional colors for Fall.  I know I will get a ton of wear out of them. I haven’t tried them out yet but I know I’ll be happy.

I’ve been wearing Julep pretty exclusively for the last few months and it stays on better than any other polish I have EVER tried.  If you want to give Julep a try just follow this link .  You can use code PENNY to get your first box for just a penny, shipping included. 

*I have to add that I thought this month’s packaging was the best yet, I loves the polka dots and the cute Trina Turk Fashion Sketch magnet that was included!

IMG_4731

--kim

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this but just filled out the survey on there - it is something where you have to cancel after the first month if you don't want it again - do they automatically sign you up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julep is awesome! Yes, you can cancel after you get your first $.01 shipment. Or, the best part about Julup, is you can actually opt-out each month. They will send you an email, showing what your next shipment will be and you can either accept it, choose another style, or opt out for the month.

      Delete
  2. What a fun treat! Those are great colours. Cute sketch too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This month was the month I skipped, I knew that they were doing mascaras this month and I was so tempted but I was kinda worried about how the mascara would be!! Hopefully they give these out next month!

    I am your newest follower, so glad that I found it!

    http://www.mymakeupboxes.blogspot.com

    XOXO Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gals are really making me want to try Birchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i following the GFC blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from the GFC blog hop!! :) Can't wait to hear from you :)

    xoxo - kylie
    www.kandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!