Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What We Wore

What We Wore Wednesday

I found this Susana Monaco skirt at the thrift this summer  for $3, and it still had its $60-something dollar price tags attached.  Wha?  I snatched it up as quick as I could and sent a little thank you out into the universe to all the people that donate awesome clothing to thrift stores everywhere.

The downside of this skirt is that it is UPS-brown, and finding tops to wear with it other than white t-shirts has been a challenge.  Since I’m still not spending any money on new clothes, I’m trying to rotate through some items in my closet.  I felt ok with this outfit until my husband questioned why I had my shirt knotted like that.

What We Wore Wednesday
What We Wore Wednesday
Top, Sandals, Bracelets: Target
(Kim has this same top, worn HERE.)
Skirt: Susana Monaco, thrifted (Similar)
Earrings:  Made by Me
My new favorite color nail polish: Maybelline Green with Envy
 

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy and and Whatever Whenever Wednesday. If you're dropping in today, please say HI! in the comments - we'd love to come check out your blog!
 
~julee~
 
 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the tee tied! one of my favorite looks! and what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a steal on the skirt! The top looks really cute tied like that too. I like pink or turqouise paired with brown. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear purple and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the knot in the top is just the right little touch. Great sexy, simple outfit. Love the nail polish too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute outfit, I love the knot it gives the outfit some pizazz. And what a great score on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome find! See, this is why I hate going to thrift stores....I can't find such good deals. lol! I like the yellow-brown combination too. You look pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you styled it - so laid back and fun! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one trying to not to buy anything new! Sometimes I wish I didn't browse through so many blogs - I always leave wanting to buy something new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love knotting tees! You look great!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!