Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekly D.I.Y.: Mermaid Birthday Bunting

Mermaid Birthday Bunting Banner Pennant

This is actually a two-week old DIY project, but I never shared it on the blog.  And seriously, something this cute deserves to be shared. 

If you follow us on Facebook, you may have seen an instagram snippet as I was working on this project.  This mermaid birthday banner was made for a dear friend who was celebrating her daughter’s 2nd birthday at a splash park with a very simple mermaid theme.  Seems every project I’m working on lately includes this beautiful aqua/tiffany blue, and it’s making me very happy.  I usually don’t go too crazy with all of the ribbony, girly fluff, but I love this pink ruffle ribbon and the silver sequined ribbon.

What projects have you been working on lately?  If you leave me a link, I’d love to come check them out!

~julee~

8 comments:

  1. I have so many great birthday theme ideas now thanks to you and the rest of the bloggers out there. I did buy one like this from a store for my daughter's birthday. I could have made her one, a much better one. :) The mermaid character is so cute btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of my inspiration comes from the internet, too!

      Delete
  2. I love the colour combinations, the mermaid and the glitter. So creative. I have not been working on any projects, unless you count baking (and eating) and organizing (badly). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely consider baking a creative outlet!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely blog. I found you through the GFC blog hop and am your newest follower. I'd love for you guys to stop by to see all my Pinterest inspirations.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is lovely, as well!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am definitely going to enjoy yours! I am currently working on a picture frame (this one from Pinterest http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2012/03/shaped-frame-family-photo.html)!

    I will post pictures when I finish it. Mine will be a deep purple :)

    xo,Karen
    www.themaxells.blotspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an AWESOME project! I think I'll be adding that to my DIY to-do list, too!

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!