Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Lately I have been spending a lot of time gardening.  We have been making plans and taking action to have a big garden in our backyard, but it will likely be next year before that happens.  This year we are mostly cutting down old dead trees to make some much needed light available back there.  So right now I am focusing on my flower garden up by the house and container gardening.  I’m pretty determined to have a crazy jungle of a patio this year and grow as much food as I possibly can in pots.  So far I have strawberries, two different peppers and a tomato.  I hope to still plant at least one more tomato, a cucumber and eggplant and maybe some Kale. 
IMG_7520
I don’t know what this plant is called, I bought it almost 4 years ago, but it’s one of my favorites.  It has pretty deep red flowers.
IMG_7519
Knockout rose
IMG_7518
yellow knockout
IMG_7517
IMG_7516
ripe strawberries
IMG_7515
another knockout
IMG_7514
my pepper plant that already has 3 peppers on it!
IMG_7513
tomatoes
IMG_7512
flowers and another pepper
IMG_7511
more flowers

Do you garden?

--kim

7 comments:

  1. absolutely!...I have have things growing all over the place! Just wish I would have planted a little veggie garden, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most veggies will grow great in containers and it's not too late to start! :)

      Delete
  2. Your garden is really coming along. I've got all my seedlings indoor and ready to get them outdoors in the next week or two:) - Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how your garden comes along this summer!

      Delete
  3. i miss gardening! i can't wait for us to move so that we can have a backyard again! can't wait to plant flowers again. i might even try to plant some vegetables too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard being in limbo, but at least you can daydream and start planning now. ;)

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are truly lovely! We have focused on trees and bushes mainly, to give our backyard some much-needed privacy. I would love to move on to flowers and veggies now though!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!