Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eat Your Veggies: Pizza Night

I have been recently trying to increase my consumption of veggies and decrease my consumption of meat.  I’m not totally vegetarian, but almost.  In the last week I ate a tiny bit of meat one day, the other six were meat free.  I was a vegetarian many years ago but was terrible at it.  I ate almost no vegetables and lived off of grilled cheese and bean burritos.  This time around I am just trying to eat a more plant based diet.  I have been trying to make some of my typical go –to’s like pizza and sandwiches (I’m a bread lover) more veggie friendly.  Yesterday for dinner I made this amazing loaded veggie pizza.  I used refrigerated pizza dough from Trader Joes, tomato sauce, tomatoes, basil, spinach, broccoli, mini sweet peppers, pepperocini, onion and light mozzarella.  It was so good and really satisfying.  Hopefully I can start sharing some of the ways I am using veggies with you guys and I would love to hear some of your ideas and recipes too!

IMG_6689

Kim