Friday, February 10, 2012

Sesame Street Party

Sesame Street Party
 
My goddaughter turned two  last week, and I worked with her mama to help throw her a Sesame Street birthday party.
 
Sesame Street Party
 
The birthday girl is peanut free, so all of our goodies were allergy safe except for the red icing on the Elmo cake.  Thus, the birthday girl had her very own Cookie Monster cake.  Both cakes were lovingly made by her aunt.  The chocolate chip cookies were also home baked using this recipe.
 
Sesame Street Party
 
Elmo cookie pops.  Directions HERE.
 
Sesame Street Party Sesame Street Party
Sesame Street Party
 
Elmo’s goldfish in a fish bowl, little bags of pretzels, fruit kabobs, Sunbutter and jelly sandwiches and squeezable applesauce were among the toddler friendly treats we served.
 
Sesame Street Party
 
Apple and Eve Juice boxes with Sesame Street characters were perfect for this party.
 
Sesame Street Party
 
We also had 2 and E sugar cookies.
 
Sesame Street Party Sesame Street PartySesame Street Party Sesame Street Party
 
I saw these Sesame Street pom-poms on Pinterest and I knew we must have them for our party.  My husband made the faces for them.
 
Sesame Street PartySesame Street Party
 
The balloon wreath was borrowed from a friend, and the birthday girl’s mama made the banners that were hung on the door and around the home.
 
Sesame Street Party
 
The birthday girl was delighted to see so many of her favorite characters at her party, and we had so much fun putting this together for her!

~julee~

25 comments:

  1. E loved everything! It was such a fun party done the D.I.Y Louisville way. I appreciated your special touch. xoxoxo A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing!!! This should be published in a news stand magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for the sweet compliment!

      Delete
  3. It was such a fun party and all the themed decor was amazing! All the treats were perfect for the tots...I know mine had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great party! You should submit it to oneprettything.com and hostessblog.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great party! You should submit it to Oneprettything.com and Hostessblog.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can count me as a hit on your blog. Love the pictures! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can count me as hit on your blog. Too cute!! You did a great job with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a question about the Elmo Cookie Pops. I saw how you make them but how did you do the elmo faces???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Elmo faces were pre-made sugar decorations bought at the party store.

      Delete
  9. What an amazing set up for a Sesame Street party. I can just imagine how impressed all of the guest were when they walked in the door to see all these goodies. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is always been our favorite party theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to know how to make the pom poms pictured above! I am planning a sesame street 2nd birthday party for my son in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made tissue paper pom poms (you can find many tutorials on this online), and then my husband free-handed the face pieces from cardstock. It was quite a task, and you can find an etsy seller who makes them for a good price.

      Delete
  12. Love this! My daughter's birthday is in June and I am throwing her a Sesame Street party. I had a question about the fruit kabobs. Where did you buy the sticks and did you have to buy a special kind of box to display them in, or is this something you did yourself? Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We used regular bamboo food skewers purchased at the grocery store. If you're concerned with the sharp ends, you can trim them down.

      For the display, we wrapped floral foam squares with wrapper paper, then used the sharp end a skewer to make holes for the sticks to stand it. It works really well!

      Have a wonderful party!

      Delete
    2. Thanks a million! Also, thanks again for the great ideas! I can't wait!

      Delete
  13. HI I absolutely love your sesame street party what great ideas you have!! Definitely one of the most creative parties Ive ever seen!! I also love how you made the food toddler friendly!!

    I have a question, Im having a sesame street party for my son in a couple weeks and I was wondering where did you find that fish bowl for the fishes you had? Thanks again amazing party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comments! I hope you and your son have a wonderful party!

      That fish bowl was purchased at Walmart. I checked the dollar store first, but I didn't have any luck there, although you might take a look in your area. Good luck!

      Delete
  14. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!
    I want to do this theme for my sons first birthday. Just wondering where you got the faces for the cakes? I love how they arent made of icing I've been looking for something like this for soo long!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great party! I'm wondering if you may have templates for the banners. Those would be perfect to recreate for my son's birthday party. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! I'm having a Sesame Street party for my son's first birthday! I'm planning on making the tissue paper character Pom poms- how did you hang them so that they were balanced? ( My cookie monster is looking at the ground! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lysa! It is a challenge to get the pieces on straight. My best tip is to wrap your string for hanging (I used a strand of fishing line) to the middle of the pompom before you place your face on. That way you can hold it up as it will hang and place your face pieces appropriately. Hope that helps & and I hope you have an awesome Sesame Street party!

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!