Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make It: Valentine Bunting

IMG_0118_edited-1

I can’t resist the sweetness of Valentine’s Day, so I’ve been making a few sweet little things to decorate the place here and there.

IMG_0126_edited-1

This Valentine bunting is hanging in a corner of my dining room.

IMG_0109_edited-1

I love these little fuzzy pom-poms.

Want to make a Valentine bunting?  I bet you have lots of materials on hand to make your own.  Here’s how I made mine:

IMG_0159_edited-2

When I found this pom-pom yarn, it was love at first sight.  I love making my own pom-poms, but the work here has been done for you; just string it up and go.  Plus, this skein was only $1.  Can’t beat it. 

IMG_0184_edited-1

We’ve all made hearts this way:  just fold your paper and cut a 1/2-heart shape.  I used a small hole punch and crochet thread to string them up.

It has not escaped me that these hearts also resemble alien heads.  You can opt for a chunkier heart if you want to avoid an extraterrestrial look.

IMG_0208_edited-1

See my big budget paint brush up there?  Saving cheap kids paint brushes equals more money to spend on Martha Stewart’s  undeniably glorious  glitter.  I brushed glue on one side of a tiny clothes pin and sprinkled on the glitter.

IMG_0130_edited-1

What sweet valentine crafts are you making?  Let us know and leave a link in the comments – I would love to check our your projects!

Happy Valentine making!

~julee~