Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Minnie Mouse Party

IMG_6873

At any given time, Kim and I are working in some stage of party planning, either for ourselves or for our friends and family.
 
A few weeks ago, I helped create Minnie Mouse party decorations for a sweet little girl. 
A great big gigantic thanks to my awesome crafty friend Lana for letting us use her Cricut machine to punch many, many (many, many) Minnie heads and bows to pull this party together.

There were so many cute details to this party that it is impossible to post every picture, but I certainly tried my best to squeeze as much as I could in this post.  Here are some of the details:

minniecollage1

Party sign at the front door to welcome guests.  Also, Thank You bags with Minnie cookies, goodie bags for the kiddos, and Minnie (and a few Mickey) ears.  To save on time, the hostess bought ears at the party supply store, and we glued on the bows to up the cuteness factor.


IMG_6851

This oh-so-cute (and delicious!) cake was made by Louisville baker,  JuLi Creations
http://www.julicreations.com/

The birthday girl was *in love* with this cake!  (I think we all were!)


IMG_6908
Minnie Mouse cookies made by local bakery, Sandy’s Custom Cakes.


IMG_6887


minniecollage4

Drink station, including straws with coordinated flags.  (I just couldn’t resist.)  The hostess made several Minnie Mouse heads out of styrofoam balls.  (Tip: Spray-paint melts the styrofoam so use a craft paint instead.)  We custom made printed labels for the water bottles, and topped the cupcakes with Minnie Mouse cupcake picks.


IMG_6870

Candy station.  Pez fun for everyone!


IMG_6876

IMG_6882 IMG_6883

Despite all of the sweets pictured, we also had Minnie-mini corn dogs, Hot Diggity Dog hot dogs, Minnie-bowtie pasta salad , and Polka-Dot fruit salad for lunch.

Overall, this party turned out amazingly cute!

IMG_6944
If you have any questions about any of the details, just ask!


*This party is linked up with all of the fine crafters and diy'ers at Skip to my Lou.

10 comments:

  1. Love it! We had a Minnie Mouse party last year and it was so much fun. I just think MM is so girly and so playful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg im planning a minnie mouse party for my lil sis shes turning 1 this year and she loves minnie mouse and i love all these ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is going to love her party - have fun!

      Delete
  3. Im looking into buying a cricut machine becaause im planning a minnie bday party and also want to do all of the little die cuts myself - Can you please let me know what cartridge or where I can find the die cut for the minnie head used on the front door banner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I borrowed the machine & cartridge, but I'm 90% certain this is the one I used: http://main.cricut.com/shopping/detail--Disney©-Mickey-and-Friends-Cricut-Cartridge-0-122.aspx Model: 290382

      It's the classic head shape with the Minnie Mouse bow. It's hard to tell from the back of the cartridge box, but when you look at the included booklet, you can see which Minnie bow shape to use.

      I hope that helps some and that you have a great party!

      Delete
    2. Also, the letters were made from another alphabet cartride (also borrowed, so I'm not sure which one). Those were not included in the Disney cartridge.

      Delete
  4. I'm having trouble finding mickey and minnie mouse pez dispensers. do you happen to remember where you found them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra! Your profile didn't include your email so I couldn't let you know directly, but the Pez were purchased at Party City and Toys R Us. Good luck & have a great party!

      Delete
  5. Oh my these are all adorable! I was confused between Minnie and Hello Kitty but both are fine for a little girls party since they are pinkish. But seeing your helpful Minnie Mouse birthday party ideas , I think I'm gonna suggest this to my friends!
    I will be exploring more maybe I could add them to my own compilation. thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find the pink buckets for the Minnie face? and where did you find the black polka dot tablecloth? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, thank you! Please leave me a link to your blog so that I may pay you a visit, as well. I try very hard to follow back all of my readers!